Tanah Lot Temple is the ancient Hindu Temple and a popular icon of Bali Island tourism. This temple is located in Beraban village, Kediri district, Tabanan Regency approximately 45 minutes from Kuta tourist area or approximately 1 hour 20 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport.
The Tanah Lot Temple is a very unique architecture and the location in an unusual place like others temple in Bali. This temple is situated on a rock in the middle of the sea and there are several cave inside the temple inhabited some white and black striped colored snake by local called sacred snake of Tanah Lot Bali.
The founder of the temple was from Java, he was named Dang Yang Nirartha. The temple was built in two different places, the first one was built on big rock and the other one on a cliff. Tanah Lot Temple is part of Kahyangan Jagat temple in Bali, as a place of worship to the Hindu god of the sea guard.
See Also : Tourist Attractions in Bali
This temple became a tourist attraction in Bali and one of the most famous temple in Bali. Almost every day Tanah lot is crowded with the tourist. But the tourist are not allowed to entrance the temple building to maintain the sanctity of the temple and sacredness as well. In this temple is also one of favorite spot to see sunset in Bali.
Here are top 7 reasons to visit Tanah Lot Temple and facts about this temple as a tourist attraction in Bali:
- The uniqueness of the temple architecture
- the unique location of the temple built above the big rock in the middle of the sea.
- the beauty of the sunset can be seen from this temple
- Tanah Lot is a religious tourism place with beautiful beach panorama
- Beautiful place for photography
- the existence of a fresh water source in the temple, this of course is a miracle because the temple located in the middle of the sea and salt water.
- the existence of sea snake that according to Hindu is a sacred snake